I'm a doctor by training, did translation cancer research in the past, and have been building tech companies over the last decade.
Since I've been a child, I pretty much cared about one thing and one thing only. How to allow people to live as long as they chose to.
Money, fame, free time, etc only matter to me as they help me achieve that goal.
I sold the last two tech companies in 2020 and 2021 to focus fully on perfecting the technology and logistics of human cryopreservation. Towards that goal, I founded Tomorrow Biostasis GmbH (Berlin, Germany) and the European Biostasis Foundation, a non-profit research foundation in Switzerland.
Here I write about the following:
- longevity in general and cryopreservation in particular
- argue that it's a worthwhile endeavor that more people should join
- technical consideration
- why thinking and working on living longer leads to a better world
- how we approach the topic
For more about my motivation, read the long-form version here: https://www.emil.bio/my-next-20-years-towards-a-moonshot/
Other things that I'm interested in:
- Building things (anything and everything, mostly wooden boats, but not good ones :-) )
- Improving science communication and incentive models for research
- Crypto things
- Anything related to long-term survival
- Hiking, combined with spa vacation
Want to work with me / us?
Open positions: see here